TIPS SW ChapterI am greatly honored to serve as the President of Texas Indo-American Physician Society, Southwest Chapter (TIPS SW) for 2013. As you all know, our chapter serves the needs of physicians of Indian origin in San Antonio, Uvalde, Del Rio, Eagle Pass, Brownsville, Mc Allen, Corpus Christi, Victoria, and surrounding areas.
This year is going to be the 25th Anniversary of TIPS SW Chapter!!
Along with my team, I am very excited to present several activities for this year. The main goal is to increase the TIPS SW membership by 75%. In addition to the main goal, we plan several activities:
- Quarterly Mix and Mingle events, an unique opportunity for physicians to network
- To get approval for the updated by-laws
- Redesign TIPSSW Website
- Quarterly News Letter
- Participate/support charitable events: TMA foundation gala, AAPI Childhood Obesity Awareness Campaign
- CME activities
- Support the "Junior Voluntary Program"- run by dedicated TIPSSW Alliance team, which provides volunteering opportunities for our kids.
- Re establishing Voluntary Free/Charity Clinic in San Antonio
- Support the activities of TIPS Alliance
Our team is very thrilled to inform you that TIPS SW chapter is actively participating in the planning of 32nd AAPI Annual Convention in San Antonio in 2014, under the leadership of Dr. Jayesh Shah, MD, the President-Elect of AAPI and Dr. Vijay N. Koli, MD, Chair of the convention and Past President of AAPI. We all request you to join us in making the national event a huge success and show the nation that we all can deliver a Texas size event.
I welcome you all to visit TIPSSW website (tipssw.org), where you will find the information about the structure, governance and calendar of activities. We hope you will share your observations, comments and suggestions with us.
Sincerely,Anupama Gotimukula, MD
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much” ? Helen Keller